Mik Liviakis Lawyer Bio
Sacramento’s Award-Winning Bankruptcy Attorney
Fighting For Californians Since 2008
For over 10 years, Mik Liviakis has been winning the battle for California individuals, families, and businesses by rebuilding financial futures through bankruptcy and debt settlement solutions.
Mr. Liviakis studied bankruptcy law at one of the most prestigious law programs in the United States at McGeorge School of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctorate degree. Mr. Liviakis is approved by the California Bar Association and has practiced bankruptcy law for more than a decade.
Mr. Liviakis has always demonstrated excellence and both in academics and professional life; he’s a Dean’s List Scholar, member of Traynor Honor Society, and the winner of Client Distinction and Client’s Choice Awards.
In his spare time, Mr. Liviakis is a very active person who enjoys playing basketball and visiting the many great weekend destinations around Sacramento like Lake Tahoe. He is also a die-hard Kings fan who like the rest of us wants the Kings to win a Championship sometime in the near future.
Founding Sacramento’s Leading Debt & Bankruptcy Law Firm
Mr. Liviakis founded Liviakis Law in 2008 with the mission of providing legal and financial counsel to Northern Californians.
Over a decade later, Liviakis Law has established itself as a leading bankruptcy law firm that creates intelligent legal solutions to those suffering from the burdens of debt and creditor harassment.
What makes Mik Liviakis’ law firm unique in the market is that his expertise and legal solutions span all debt situations — giving his clients the advantage of identifying the best option possible for the best outcome — whether that’s filing Chapter 7, 11, or 13 Bankruptcy or even settling debt out of court.
Beyond providing legal assistance, Mik Liviakis also places special emphasis on helping his community through financial education and providing honest (and free) consultations to help those in financial need to determine whether bankruptcy is right for them.
Mr. Liviakis’ clients also benefit from the law firms’ extensive history and experience with the unique requirements of both the courts and creditors throughout Northern California.
Since 2008, Mik Liviakis has represented thousands of Sacramento area clients and has resolved over $10,000,000 in debt.
Mr. Liviakis’ extensive scope of work includes:
- Hands-on experience within the Eastern District of California Bankruptcy court covering local rules, judges’ general orders, and significant experience with a variety of bankruptcy counsel
- Determining bankruptcy qualifications under means testing rules
- Drafting documents for bankruptcy clients: petition, schedules, motions, forms
- Resolving protection of assets with trustees
- Transitioning cases between Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 13
- Arguing motions to value property and confirming chapter 13 and chapter 11 plans
- Handling Chapter 11 disclosure statement and plan confirmation process
- Managing various chapter 11 cases involving farmers, apartment complexes, high net worth individuals, health, care providers, real estate developers, motels, and gas stations
- Negotiating settlement agreements covering chapter 11 plan treatment, cash collateral use, and terms of repayment
- Articulating rights of unsecured creditors with respect to liquidation value, absolute priority rule, disposable income, and voting rights, throughout chapter 11 disclosure statement process
Start Your New Financial Direction
100% Privacy Guaranteed
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 13
- Student Loans
- Debt Settlement
- Credit Card Debt
- Creditor Harassment
- Prevent Wage Garnishment
Professional and Talented Attorney
Very professional and talented bankruptcy attorney. He helped me though a very difficult situation. I recommend Liviakis to others in the community of Sacramento. Liviakis took time to answer all of the bankruptcy questions that I had. My case turned out very well. It was an easy experience and no stress at all.
They Truly Cared
After interviewing several lawyers, I decided to use Miki. Miki and his staff were knowledgeable and helpful throughout the process. They kept me informed every step of the way and made me feel like they "cared". I have worked with a number of attorneys over the past 25 years and Miki is someone whom you can trust.
I would definitely recommend Atty. Liviakis to anyone that I know that needs help to sort out their financial problem. Very easy to talk to and always prompt when I have questions. Chapter 11 Client
Mikalah was the most informed and knowledgeable proffesional i have ever had the privilege to work with.not only did he handle our case succesfully,he treated us with dignity and respect in a very tough time. I highly recomend this attorney he is a man with integrity,a true professional.
-Chapter 13 Client
-Chapter 7 Client
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Law
- Foreclosure & Alternatives
- Chapter 13 Reorganization
- Chapter 7 Debt Relief
- Catching up on Missed Mortgage Payments
- Debt Settlement for High Income Debtors
- Stopping Wage Garnishment
- Protecting Businesses from Lawsuits
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- Pepperdine University
Honors and Awards
- Dean’s List Scholar
- Traynor Honor Society
- Academic Achievement Award
- Officer, Environmental Law Society
- California Initiative Review, Writer
- Winner of Client Distinction Award in 2012 and 2013 from Martindale Hubbell
- Winner of Client’s Choice Award in 2012 and 2013 by Avvo.com
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Bar Association
For over 10 years Mik Liviakis and his team of legal experts have fought for the rights of individuals, families, and business owners in northern California to protect their homes, assets, and financial freedom from all manner of debt problems. Since 2008, Liviakis Law has represented thousands of Californians and helped eliminate over $10,000,000 in debt.
Latest Blog Posts
Wage garnishment is legal order in which your employer is required to deduct money from your salary and wages to be paid to a creditor. Wage garnishment orders can demand portions of your paycheck for resolving debts like spousal/child support, student loan debts or...